Since the Women’s Center of Greater Lansing opened its doors in 2005, we have remained the only nonprofit organization in the Lansing area that provides essential services to enable women to be successful. Our mission is to guide, empower, and heal women.
What makes us unique is HOW we do what we do. All of our services are offered on a one-to-one basis. We start where the person is when she walks in the door, and go from there. No assuming. No judgment of where she should be in her life. No one is turned away, even those that can’t pay.
“I had a heart attack in December, and open heart surgery in February. The bills were coming in fast and furiously and I was in desperate need of employment that fit my physical limitations. I went to your center to job search and your staff were so helpful. I applied for a job…and completed my first day of training this Wednesday! Thank you so much for your support. It is greatly appreciated.” — RM, a WCGL client
We are an organization with a really, really big heart. In an ideal world, this big heart would take us to extraordinary places, enabling us to help all of those who need it. But this isn’t an ideal world, and what we have in heart, we lack in resources. The demand far outweighs our supply.
We are extremely grateful for our donors who contribute supplies year after year, but this year, we are specifically seeking cash donations. For our current fiscal year, our operating expenses have been $147,900 and our revenue, which comes to us primarily in the form of donations, has been $29,103. Our operating income has not been this slim in a long time and we are dangerously close to running out of operating funds. To close this gap, we are seeking cash donations so we can remain open and providing services.
Please consider a donation of $100 or more by June 15th so that we can pay the mortgage, keep the lights on, pay our one and a half staff members and continue to serve the women of our community.
Your donation will help us provide these fundamental services for our clients:
• Employment. We uncover potential, help with resumes, job search tools, interview skills, and training.
• Computer lab. Reserved for job seekers with up-to-date software so they develop competitive skills.
• Essential resources. Our professional clothes closet offers confidence boosting clothing and accessories; our personal care and feminine hygiene closet provides women with hard-to-afford daily products and wigs to the women who are undergoing cancer treatment.
• Counseling. Our team of counselors help women cope with unemployment, loss, anxiety, divorce, sexual assault, intimate partner violence, child abuse, cancer and other soul-crushing traumas.
• Support groups. We cover a variety of topics such as: Healthy Relationships and Domestic Violence, Disability, Cars 101, Empowerment, Financial Independence, Caregiver Support, Learning To Let Go, Work Your Image, Healthy Communication, Anxiety and much more.
• Safety. We help women get out of abusive relationships safely.
Anyone’s life can change in an instant. Where would you go for help if you didn’t have a support network of your own?
Be a hero, save a life! By donating $100 or more, you can make all the difference in helping us to remain open and continue our efforts to help women find safe housing, provide for their children, and really start to live again, and not just survive!
Thank you for your consideration!
Amy Zander, Board Member
P.S. I joined the Women’s Center board this year because I know how quickly a woman’s life circumstances can change and that we all need help at some point in our lives. I needed help once, and now I can be that help.
I’d like to know, why do you give? Share your story by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate now to help the Women’s Center of Greater Lansing focus on what we really need to do—help women move from surviving to thriving.
There are two ways to donate.
1. Visit our website at www.womenscenterofgreaterlansing.org and click on DONATE NOW button.
2. Or, using the form below, mail a donation to: The Women’s Center of Greater Lansing, 1712 E. Michigan Avenue, Lansing, MI 48912
Add me to the e-newsletter list!
Please accept my gift of: $100 $50 $25 Other:
Yes, I want to pledge a: monthly quarterly yearly donation of: $
My check is enclosed for: $
Please bill my credit card: Once Monthly Quarterly Yearly Amount: $