We offer individual, couples, marriage, and family counseling.
Services are provided by LMSW therapists, Certified Rehabilitation Counselors, Licensed Professional Counselors, Limited License Profession Counselors, and graduate student interns. Also available are therapists specializing in domestic violence and sexual assault.
Call us at 517-372-9163 to schedule an appointment.
Workshops and Support Groups
Current shedule (Winter 2015)
- Anxiety Support Group Mondays 5:30-7:00 pm
- Intimate Partner Violence Support Group Saturdays Noon-1:30 pm *This is a drop-in group
- Job Seekers Mondays 10:00 am – Noon
- Not So Happy Endings Support Group Wednesdays 5:30-7:00 pm *Pre-registration required
- Parents Estranged from Children Thursdays 6:00-7:30pm *Meets bi-weekly, next meeting Jan. 29th
- GRANDS Social Support Saturdays 9:00-10:30 am
- The 16 Steps of Discovery and Empowerment Thursdays 5:30-7:00 pm
- Spinning Yarn Depression Support Group Mondays 5:30-6:30 pm
- Learning to Let Go Wednesdays 6:00-7:00 pm
- Traveling Tips for the Mid-Life Journey Thursdays 6:00-7:30 pm *4th Thursday of the month
- Balancing Act Book Club 1st & 3rd Wednesdays 11:00 am-noon *Starts Feb. 4th
- Let’s Talk About Sex (18 and over only) Wednesdays 5:00-6:00 pm *Starts Feb. 4th
- Girl Talk – A Group for Tween Girls (11-14) Thursdays 3:30-5:30 pm *Feb. 19th – Mar. 26th
- Communication for Couples Workshop Saturdays 10:30 am-noon *Feb. 7th – Mar. 13th
- Parents of LGBTQ Children Support Group Sundays 3:00 – 4:30pm *Held at Diversity Psych Services in Old Town / Starts Feb. 8th
Job Seekers Support Group
Need a job? Looking for a different job? Underemployed? We will take a structured approach to job seeking, finding the right job or career for you.
Support Group for Women Experiencing Intimate Partner Violence
Are you afraid of your partner? Believe you deserve to be hurt or mistreated? Are you emotionally numb or helpless? Domestic violence comes in many forms including physical, emotional, verbal, and financial. Find support at this weekly meeting. Confidential and no cost. Please call for more information.
Breaking the Silence: Support Group Survivors of Sexual Assault Using Art for Healing
Any woman who experienced unwanted sexual contact, including sexual assault or abuse is invited to attend this group. The group will use art to express the impacts of assault, learn new ways of coping and share support. No previous art experience needed. Confidential.
Learning to Let Go Support Group
Are you carrying around a grudge that you just can’t let go of? Does that incident from years ago still make you angry every time you think about it? Still can’t forgive that person for what they did or said to you? Want to learn how to unload this type of “baggage” in your life? This is the group for you.
Anxiety Support Group
Do you feel like you spend a lot of time feeling nervous and tense? Do you have feelings of panic, dread or apprehension leading to cold sweats or other negative physical sensations/ailments? This group is for you! You will learn ways to help you make peace with your anxiety, practice techniques to reduce anxiety and understand where it’s coming from. Pre-registration required.
Not So Happy Endings Support Group
A group for women who are ending relationships and want some support and resources to get through it.
16 Steps to Recovery & Empowerment
A recovery program based on flexibility and openness, using a holistic approach to overcoming addiction that views people in their wholeness – mind, body, and spirit. Based on the work of Charlotte Kasl.
GRANDS Support Group
Are you raising family your second family? This group is designed for people who are raising their grandchildren due to the parents not being able to – for whatever the reason. It is a time for emotional support, sharing of resources and shared experiences navigating the raising of a second family.
Estranged Parents Support Group
For parents who are missing their connection with a child or children. The focus will be on coping strategies, forgiveness, relationship building and acceptance.
Communication for Couples
This six-week therapy group will assist couples in learning how to improve relationships between themselves and their partners. Topics include: improving communication, developing effective problem solving techniques, focusing on the positives in the relationship and development of caring behaviors.
Let’s Talk About Sex
Must be 18 y/o or older to attend. Topics: sexual orientation, sexuality & aging, birth control and family planning, gender identity, reproductive health, healthy relationships and consent, body image, hygiene & health care, sexually transmitted diseases, love and affection, menopause. Topics will be determined by group members.
Balancing Act Book Club
Do you like to socialize with other women in the community? Would you like to learn how others are able to juggle their busy lives and stay sane? We are now offering an exciting new chance for women to share their experiences with others in the community while participating in our Balancing Act Book Club. Come and join our interns Branda and Janet for an enjoyable and entertaining time with other women in the Lansing Area as we share our ideas on balancing life together. We will be reading Candace Cameron’s new memoir, Balancing It All: My Story of Juggling Priorities and Purpose. This book is available to rent at the local library, as well as for purchase on iTunes and at local book sellers. Drop by the Women’s Center or call 517-372-9163 to sign up!