We offer individual, couples, marriage, and family counseling for free or low-cost. We charge on a sliding-scale based on your annual income.
Our counseling services are provided for little to no cost for our clients. We do this because lack of insurance is seen as one of the biggest barriers that people with low-incomes and people of color have to receiving mental health care. Approximately 535,000 people in Michigan do not have healthcare, and this does not count those who are under-insured either. We believe that everyone deserves mental health care, no matter their income or employment status.
Services are provided by LMSW therapists, Certified Rehabilitation Counselors, Licensed Professional Counselors, Limited License Professional Counselors, and graduate student interns. Also available are therapists specializing in domestic violence and sexual assault.
Call us at 517-372-9163 to schedule an appointment or
fill out this HIPAA compliant online form.
We offer a sliding fee payment option for our counseling services!
Domestic Violence Support Group
- Come talk with others who have experienced domestic violence in an open, understanding, and supportive environment. We will use art as a way to open up.
- Please call the office to sign up or register online here.
Grief & Loss Support Group
- Beginning Wednesday October 5th at 6pm
- Present by Sparrow Bereavement Support Services – Hosted at Women’s Center Of Greater Lansing
- Experience new ways of honoring loss and incorporating positive coping strategies into your life by establishing connections with others.
- Please call the office to sign up or register online here
Job Seeker Support Group
- This is a group for clients who are looking for work or want to change jobs or careers. Facilitated by an HR professional, the group will focus in on specific needs of the group members as it relates to employment using a combination of emotional support and practical tools for your job search!
Personal Needs Closets
Since 2005, the Women’s Center has had a Personal Needs Closet – something like a food pantry, but offering instead hygiene supplies that are not available through most food pantries, such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothbrush/paste, lotion, deodorant, menstrual hygiene supplies, and much more. We have helped thousands of families stretch their budget since we opened. The PNC is supported entirely by donations, and is open to anyone.